Important Dates coming up:
January 23- V G/B Basketball at Paton-Churdan 6pm
January 23- MS Wrestling at Ballard
January 25- MS G/B Basketball vs. Baxter, Girls at Baxter 4:30 pm, Boys at Collins 4:30 pm
January 26- JV/V G/B Basketball vs. North Tama, at Maxwell 4 pm
January 29- Rescheduled MS basketball vs. Colo Nesco 4:30 pm, Girls in Collins, Boys Zearing
***Reminder, you cannot park for the day in the 15 min. parking spots right outside the door. Please leave those spots open for parents dropping off/picking up students or stopping in to the school.
***While there is a boil order in the city of Maxwell, the school is providing bottled water to students and staff whenever they need it.
1. Congratulations to the MS Boys A team last night, they won 36-24. The B team lost 35-26 in a hard fought game.
2. Congratulations to the 8th grade girls on their win over Colfax-Mingo last night 22-10. Congratulations to the seventh graders on the improvement they showed in last night's loss to Colfax- Mingo.
3. Good luck to the V G/B basketball teams as they travel to Paton-Churdan tonight. V Girls tip off at 6 pm followed by the boys. The game is at Churdan (606 Adrian St), bus leaves at 3:55.
4. Registration for CMB Rec Soccer is open until this Friday without a late fee. Registration is all on-line at http://www.cmbsoccer.org/soccer-registration-form.
5. The DMACC representative will be here Thursday at 2:30. Please plan to attend if you'd like information about DMACC, need help with the DMACC application or have questions about your admission plan. Contact Mrs. Allen for a pass.
6. High School FFA Meeting - Wednesday, January 24th during Lunch
Middle School FFA Meeting - Thursday, January 25th during Lunch
7. JUNIORS: PROM MEETING!! THIS WEDNESDAY DURING LUNCH!
We will be deciding for sure the location as an additional option has come to my attention, approving the cost of preparation of the meal and photographers. Our breakfast is coming up and we will schedule workers.
8. The Collins-Maxwell 2018 Senior Class will be serving Valentine's Day Dinner to raise money for their after-prom party on February 10th. We hope you and a significant other can join us! We will be serving baked lasagna, with a dinner salad, garlic bread/bread sticks, and end with a dessert cart brought around to your table.
Order forms can be picked up in the Principles office or from Whitney Spencer. Please feel free to invite your friends. Reservations are needed by February 2nd. The forms can be returned with payment to Whitney Spencer, Brianda Bane, or Frank Sposeto, or they can be mailed to C. Spencer, 311 Woodlawn Street, Maxwell 50161
9. The dance team is selling Valentines Cookies again to raise money. The cookies are big sugar cookie in the shape of a heart, frosted, decorated and delivered with a message of your choice. Valentine cookies will be delivered February 13th. Please give your order form/money to a member of the dance team, your teacher or the office in Collins or Maxwell. Orders are due by February 2nd.
10. Silver Cord Opportunity:
Looking for a crew of 4 students to assist in painting the new location of the Collins Wellness Center. Saturday, January 27th from 1-3pm. Please see Mrs. Allen or Jean Bienfang for more details.
11. **** C-M Boosters Athletic Event Fundraiser ****
Jan. 27th is the Alumni Basketball event starting at 5:00PM in the Maxwell gym. Players can warm up in the small gym at 4:00PM. It is $5 admission and there will be food being served. We will also be taking sponsorships at the event. Let's pack the gym!
Whether you are a Clipper, Panther, Rocket, Raider or Spartan - TOGETHER we rise.
We will also be taking sponsorships at the event. You can download a sponsorship form at this link.
12. Seniors- Please remember to pay Nurse Peters for the CPR class if you are wanting to be certified. Also remember to come into the office and check the correct spelling of your name for your diploma.
13. There is a HS golf sign up in the office, please stop in by January 26th so we have time to get polo’s ordered.
14. The MS formal dance will be Friday, February 16 from 6-8pm in the small gym, it will be here before you know it! Here's the sign-up for anyone wanting to contribute drinks/snacks for our MS students. Thanks so much for helping make the MS formal a night to remember for our students.
15. Let’s Do Our Best to Stay Healthy!
We are starting to see an increase in illness in the MS/HS. Please keep in mind washing your hands is the #1 way to stop the spread of germs. Please remember to wash your hands after you use the bathroom, blow your nose, and before you eat. Please also keep in mind it is best to keep your hands away from your face unless you have just washed your hands. This is the time of year there is a lot of illness to be shared, so let’s stops the spread of germs by washing our hands!
Just a reminder to keep your student home if they have the following symptoms: Fever (100.0 F or higher), vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours, and/or red, mattery eye(s). The student needs to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications (Tylenol/Ibuprofen). I will call you if I feel your student is not able to stay in school. Also remember if your child is going to miss school for more than 3 days for being sick then your student will need a doctors note to return to school. Please keep the offices updated on any phone number changes.
Let’s have a healthy rest of the school year, Nurse Jill
16. Drivers Education class in the spring with Street Smarts is available to sign up for. The dates, times, and registration can be found at streetsmartsdriversed.com.
17. What: New Member Series for 4-H and Clover Kid Families
When: Second Thursday of the Month
Where: Christy 4-H Hall, 220 H Avenue, Nevada
For all interested, new members, and current 4-H and Clover Kid
families. This is your chance to get some answers to your questions
about Story County Youth Programs. Come learn about topic and
take part in a hands-on activity each evening.
Come with questions and let Katelyn know if you have any
questions between sessions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the