Collins-Maxwell Community School District
Board of Education
Thursday, September 21, 2017
6:30 – Regular Board Meeting
Library, Collins-Maxwell Middle School/High School, Maxwell, IA
- Call to order, roll call, acknowledge quorum.
- Approve Agenda
- Welcome Visitors and Public Comment*
- Board Policies 2nd Reading and Approval – 401.7, 401.13, 403.2, 403.6, 409.1, 409.2, 4094.4, 409.6, 409.8, 502.5, 504.5
- Consent Agenda
5.2 Bills for Payment
5.5 Activity Driving Wages
6. Approve Canvas of Votes
8. Adjourn Retiring Board
Organization Meeting & New Board Agenda
- Call to order, roll call, acknowledge quorum (Board Secretary Presides)
- Approve Agenda (Board Secretary Presides)
- Annual Organization
3.1Oath of Office – Elected Board Members (Board Secretary Presides)
3.2 Election of Board President (Board Secretary Presides)
3.3 Election of Board Vice-President (Board President Presides)
3.4 Determine Schedule, Time, Place of Regular Meetings
- Summer Retreat
- Building Goals
- Communication and Administrative Reports
5.1 Facility Project Update
5.2 IASB Convention
6.1 MS/HS Eligibility
6.2 CAR/SES/Annual Transportation Report
6.3 Bus/Vehicle Replacement
6.4 Collins-Maxwell District Fundraiser Procedure
6.5 Field Irrigation
6.6 Spring Soccer Field Options
- Action Agenda
7.1 Beverage Contract
7.2 Collins Cameras & Security
7.3 Activity Buses WiFi
7.5 Disposal of Equipment – Bus/Vehicles
7.6 Approve Modified Allowable Growth for Special Education Supplement
- Board Comments
*Visitors who wish to address the Board should be recognized at this time. Due to legal requirements of the public meeting laws, the Board will take action only on items posted on the agenda. Complaints cannot be about personnel.
Collins-Maxwell CSD is now accepting SNOW REMOVAL bids for sites in both Collins and Maxwell. Bid sheets can be on the website or in the business office. Bids are due to the business office by Monday, November 6, 2017 at noon. Bids should be sent to the Collins-Maxwell CSD Business Office, 400 Metcalf St, Maxwell, IA 50161. To contact the business office, please call 515-387-1115
Sealed bids are now being accepted by the Collins-Maxwell CSD for disposal of the following property: -2001 65 passenger Freightliner bus, 175K+ miles, runs. -1997 65 passenger Int\'l Blue Bird bus, 160K+ miles, runs. -2002 3/4 ton Chevy truck, 133K miles, runs. All items sold AS IS. Bids are due to the business office by Monday, November 6, 2017 at noon. Bids should be sent to the Collins-Maxwell CSD Business Office, 400 Metcalf St, Maxwell, IA 50161. To contact the business office, please call 515-387-1115
November 21- JV/V Girls Basketball at South Hamilton 6:30 pm
November 22-24- No School Happy Thanksgiving!
November 27- MS Girls/Boys Basketball vs. Meskwaki Girls-Collins/Boys at Meskwaki HS 4:30 pm
November 28- HS Girls/Boys JV/V Basketball at Colo NESCO 4 pm
November 28- MS Wrestling meet at Gilbert 4:30 pm
November 30- MS Girls Basketball at Saydel
December 1- HS Girls/Boys JV/V vs. Meskwaki Maxwell 4:15 pm
December 2- HS Wrestling Tournament at Bondurant
December 2- HS Girls/Boys JV/V Basketball vs. Janesville Maxwell 2 pm
***No Impact today!
1. ******DMACC Spring Registration is now open. Please see Mrs. Allen for necessary paperwork. Registration closes today. Remember if you are planning on taking a math course an ALEK score is required. ******
2. Congratulations to the MS boys basketball team, they won both games last night, 36-33 and 8-6.
Middle school boys need to ride shuttle over for practice today in Collins. Mr. Lewis told you wrong last night. RIDE SHUTTLE TO COLLINS!!!
3. Congratulations to the MS girls basketball team, they won their first game 33-19 and tied the second couple of quarters, 2-2.
4. Let’s start some new Spartan Spirit Traditions
The C-M Athletic Boosters committee is looking for students that would be interested in helping lead some new Spartan spirit activities. The committee would love to have representation from all middle school and high school grades. Cheer squad members will be involved too.
If you have great school spirit and want to be part of a fun activity to promote energy and enthusiasm at all Spartan sporting events, contact Jodi Girard in the office or reach out to Laurie Merryman at: email@example.com
The committee would like to begin working on ideas the week of November 27th in preparation for the Dec. 8th winter sports kickoff event.
5. **** C-M Booster News *****
C-M Apparel will be available at the Dec.1st and 8th home basketball games and will be available at Main Street Floral.
---Spartan Winter Sports kick off is December 8th at the high school commons ----
Keep your calendar open!
Come in early around 5:00PM before the basketball games start and enjoy a "meal deal", sliced pork sandwich, chips, cookie and a drink.
There will also be raffle items and a 50/50 drawing. More detail on the items later.
This night will also be the JV and Varsity home game... so come on out and support the players. GO SPARTANS!
If you would like to donate towards the meal, please use our SignUpGenius. We totally appreciate the support.
6. Want to earn some Silver Cord hours?! Looking for students to help with the Booster Club Tailgate on Dec. 8th. Meet in the Commons at 3 pm to help with set up, run games and tear down. Contact Dennae Pitcherello for more info. #515-215-2230