Collins-Maxwell Community School District
Board of Education
Thursday, June 14, 2018
6:30 p.m. – Regular Board Meeting
Library, Collins-Maxwell Middle School/High School, Maxwell, IA
*Visitors who wish to address the Board should be recognized at this time. Due to legal requirements of the public meeting laws, the Board will take action only on items posted on the agenda. Complaints cannot be about personnel.
Important Dates coming up:
June 1st- Registration Open for new families and incoming kindergarten and preschool students (if you have older returning students you may register them as well)
June 15th- Online Registration Begins for returning families
June 22-24th- Collins Days
July 31st- Registration Due for returning families
August 3-5th- Old Settlers
1. Have a great summer break!
2. The Collins Public Library has more silver cord opportunities June 23. We need 5 high school students to help serve and clean up lunch at Collins Days. If interested please contact Sara Coree at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Opportunity for Silver Cord hours to anyone who would like to help with the Maxwell Presbyterian Vacation Bible School (VBS). It is Monday, June 25th - Thursday, June 28th. It runs from 6-8 PM. The areas that we could use volunteers would be games, snacks, art, and guides to lead the children to the different stations. If anyone is interested, please have them call or text me. My number is 515-681-3684.
4. The AAU Junior Olympic Sport Stacking Championships are coming to Des Moines this summer and we are in need of some "Judges" to help us make this event complete. I’m reaching out to the local high schools looking for interest from incoming Juniors and/or Seniors to earn community service hours.
Thursday, July 26, 2018 from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Friday, July 27 from 7:30-4:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 28 from 7:30-3:00 p.m.
T-shirt and lunch provided.
Each volunteer will earn personal Community Service Hours for the time they work.
Please email or call if there is any interest, or if you'd like more information!
Kailey Diedrick- email@example.com
5. Registration will be open June 1st- June 29. Available for all kids 4-18.
Go to CMB Soccer to register.
6. YSS Summer Program needs help beginning June 4th-July 19th. The program runs from 9:30-12:15. Volunteers will help facilitate learning experiences in the STEM fields as well as music and video production. Please see Mrs. Allen or Kalli Kennel (Impact Coordinator) for more info.
7. The Collins Public Library would like to offer silver cord hours every Tuesday in June from 9-11 am for the summer reading program. We would like two high school students
If you have any questions you can email Sara Coree at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. *** Collins-Maxwell Athletic Booster Events ***
Drive a Ford for C-M Athletic Boosters
Ames Ford Lincoln would like to help our C-M Athletic Boosters by giving us $20 for each test driver that has a valid driver's license, 18 years and older, and is from different households. They will give us a maximum of $6,000!
We need to meet our goal of having 300 people that meet the above requirements. This can include 18 year old seniors! Recruit your family and friends! No obligations, no selling anything or asking for money. Just get everyone you know to take very short test drive.
Grade winner with the most referrals will win a pizza party and slot of time that is determined by the school to play at the park during the school day.
Individual winner with the most referrals wins a $50 gift certificate at Logsdons.
Need your Help!
We will need parents and kids to sign up for one hour slots of time by 2018-2019 grade level. They will help fill out forms and to bring in traffic. We encourage your family and friends to come during your grade's hour that they are working to keep the traffic steady throughout the day but they can come at ANY time between 9:00AM-5:00PM.
Sign up here. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084dabae2ca5f58-test
9. Story County Conservation has just extended the application deadline for our backpacking adventure for high school students! We’ve had trouble reaching students through our usual channels and are turning to educators in the schools for help. Any assistance you can provide in spreading the word about this opportunity is greatly appreciated.
This seven-day trip to Great Smoky Mountains National Park runs June 27 – July 3 and is for those completing grades 9-12 this spring. Students will experience three nights back-country camping in what is considered the most diverse habitat in North America. It’s a trip to challenge mind, body, and spirit. Interested students should apply soon – the deadline is this Friday, May 15 at 4:00 p.m. More information and application can be found here.
If you have any questions, contact Erica Place
Erica Place | Outreach Coordinator
Story County Conservation
56461 180th St. | Ames, Iowa 50010-9451
P: (515) 598-4761 | E: email@example.com