Collins-Maxwell Community School District
Board of Education
Thursday, April 12, 2018
6:30 – Regular Board Meeting
Library, Collins-Maxwell Middle School/High School, Maxwell, IA
- Call to order, roll call, acknowledge quorum.
- Approve Agenda
- FY19 Budget Public Hearing
- Welcome Visitors and Public Comment*
- Junior Class ACT Test
- Communication and Administrative Reports
- TLC Plan Changes for 18-19
- PBIS District Update
- Capital Project Planning Update
- Action Agenda
- Approve FY19 Budget
- FY19 FFA Convention
- Technology Plan and Approval of Equipment
- Approve 2018 Graduates
- FY19 Support Staff Wages
- Robison Trust Farmland Rent
- Approve Change Order – Cafeteria Panels
- Consent Agenda
- Board Comments
*Visitors who wish to address the Board should be recognized at this time. Due to legal requirements of the public meeting laws, the Board will take action only on items posted on the agenda. Complaints cannot be about personnel.
As a result of snow days, our last day of school for students is now Wednesday, May 23.
Important Dates coming up:
April 19-HS Girls Track at Baxter
April 19-HS Boys Track at BCLUW
April 19-HS Girls Soccer vs PCM Maxwell 5:30 pm
April 19-HS Boys Soccer at Pella Christian
April 19-HS Girls Golf at Roland Story
April 20-MS G/B Track at PCM
April 20-HS Girls Soccer at Nevada
April 20-HS Boys Soccer vs. PCM at Maxwell 5:30 pm
***No Impact today or tomorrow!
***All evening activities/practices are cancelled for this evening.
1. Our soccer boys played a tough game against Gladbrook-Reinbeck last night. They tied it up in the last few minutes of the game sending it into overtime. (3-3). The boys continued to fight, but lost in a shoot out 6-5.
Our next match is Thursday at Pella Christian at 5:30.
2. Reminder Clean Up Day Waivers are due Thursday to your 4th hour teacher. If you do not have a signed waiver you will be assigned to clean up around the building.
3. Are you interested in learning more about FCCLA or joining FCCLA next year? Are you interested in maintaining your membership or becoming an officer next year? Come join us for an informational meeting! HIGH SCHOOL meeting will be held in Ms. Mennen's room on Wednesday, April 18 during lunch. MIDDLE SCHOOL meeting will be held in Ms. Mennen's room on Thursday, April 19 during lunch. Please note that FCCLA will only be available for 8th-12th. Only current 7th and 8th grade students who are interested should attend the lunch meeting!
4. There will be a ChaMps meeting during HS lunch on Wednesday.
5. JUNIOR/SENIOR PROM 2018
- Tickets are on sale through Ms. Robinson $5/per person
- Picture Sign-up Times are posted in Ms. Robinson's room. You may come before/after school, during 5th hour study hall or lunch if I am in my room.
- Table Sign-up is also posted in Ms. Robinson's room. Again, you may come before/after school, during 5th hour study hall or lunch if I am in my room.
Guest sign up sheets are in Ms. Robinson's room. Guest forms mustbe filled out for any Non-Collins-Maxwell student. Due Wed. April 25th.
6.There are blue Love for Lindsey Bracelets for sale for $3. If you would like to purchase one see Mr. Nelson either in his office or during lunch.
7. The Collins Public Library would like to offer silver cord hours every Tuesday in June from 9-11 am for the summer reading program. We would like two high school students
If you have any questions you can email Sara Coree at firstname.lastname@example.org
8.Registrations for DMACC online and on-campus classes are due April 27th
9.After much consideration, we are going to make some changes to the April 21st Dodgeball event to raise money for the Pitcherello family.
This event will now be a community open gym night from 6-8pm. We will still ask for a free will donation at the door as a donation to the family, but this way all students will feel welcome to attend with their families.
**We are asking that parents/an adult accompany any elementary students that attend as this will not be a babysitting service. Come and enjoy a night with your kids!
Snacks and bottled water will be available free of charge (small packages of Goldfish, Animal crackers, fruit snacks, some baked goods, etc.)
**If anyone would like to donate any of these items, please contact Ms. Dentlinger at the MS/HS building (email@example.com) or bring with you that night!
10. *** Collins-Maxwell Athletic Booster Events ***
Buffalo Wild Wings in Ames Fundraiser (Starting 3/1/2018-5/31/2018)
You can view details of the fundraiser at the link below. Take a picture of the card to use at the restaurant with your phone!