Important Dates coming up:
March 22- Parent Teacher Conferences 4-8 pm Large gym
March 22- Early Dismissal
March 22- NHS Blood Drive 12-6 pm in small gym
March 22- School Board Mtg. 6:30 pm
March 22- Girls/Boys HS Track meet at Grinnell
March 23- No school
March 24- CM Spring Show
March 30- April 2- Easter Break
April 7- 2nd Annual Tailgate Dinner and Auction at MACC 6 pm
***There are #LoveForLindsey t-shirt order forms in the office. If you would like to order one, you can pick up an order form and then return it here to the office or to Toot's.
1. Juniors!!! Meeting during lunch today in Ms. Robinson’s room.
The junior class will be voting for Prom Court this year! They will be choosing 5 females and 5 males for the court. ONLY the juniors will be voting. ONLY Seniors can be on court. This is a new tradition we hope to have last for years!
2. Middle school track practice will be in Collins. Bus will leave Maxwell at 3:20
3. Connie Smith is looking for help with landscaping and spring window cleaning. Please call Connie directly at #515-231-7916. This is a great way to earn hours!!!
4. 8-12th grade boys interested in playing baseball, there will be a meeting at 10 am Thursday morning in the large gym.
5. Seniors please stop in and see me about the correct spelling of parent names to go in newspaper for the graduation section. Thank you!
6. The NHS is hosting a Blood Drive on Thursday, March 22 from noon to 6 in the small gym. If you will be visiting with teachers on Thursday afternoon for conferences, please consider stopping by the small gym and making a donation. The Blood Drive ends at 6:00 PM so please come early to donate. Walk-ins are always welcome, but if you could email email@example.com with an approximate time you would like to donate, that would give us an idea of how many staff we need for the drive that day. Thank you for considering a blood donation on Thursday, March 22!
7. *** Collins-Maxwell Athletic Booster Events ***
2nd Annual Tailgate Dinner and Auction
April 7th, 2018
Maxwell Area Community Center
6:00 - Social Hour
6:00-7:00 - Silent Auction
7:00 - Dinner catered by Three Stooges
7:30 - Live Auction
8:00 - Hawk McIntyre Music
Wear your Spartan Colors!
You can view more details and tickets can be purchased online at
Buffalo Wild Wings in Ames Fundraiser (Starting 3/1/2018-5/31/2018)
You can view details of the fundraiser at the link below. Take a picture of the card to use at the restaurant with your phone!
8. COLLINS MAXWELL HIGH SCHOOL - REMINDER
Jostens will be in your school this week for the following event.
Graduation Announcement Design with Jr. Class Officers
Date: Thurs, March 22
Time: 8:30 AM
Graduation Announcement / Cap and Gown Delivery
Date: Thurs, March 22
Time: 9:00 - 9:30 am
All payments on delivery day are CASH ONLY
9. Spartan Pop Sockets!!
· Student council will be selling Spartan pop sockets to raise money for water bottle filling stations!
· Each pop socket will cost $10.00
· The pop socket will have a black base, a white top, and blue writing.
· If interested in purchasing, please contact a student council member or see Mr. Smith or Mrs. Sutherland
10. Seniors please check for an email from Nurse Peters and American Heart about your CPR ecard.
11. WE NEED SOCCER REFS AND YOU GET PAID!!! Click here: Reasons to Become a Referee
There are soccer clinics offered every weekend in March. Students pay the $55 for the clinic, and after reffing for our club you will be refunded. Please email me if you have any questions. This is not for silver cord hours, our soccer club pays between $15-35 per game.
12. Let’s Do Our Best to Stay Healthy!
We are starting to see an increase in illness in the MS/HS. Please keep in mind washing your hands is the #1 way to stop the spread of germs. Please remember to wash your hands after you use the bathroom, blow your nose, and before you eat. Please also keep in mind it is best to keep your hands away from your face unless you have just washed your hands. This is the time of year there is a lot of illness to be shared, so let’s stops the spread of germs by washing our hands!
Just a reminder to keep your student home if they have the following symptoms: Fever (100.0 F or higher), vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours, and/or red, mattery eye(s). The student needs to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications (Tylenol/Ibuprofen). I will call you if I feel your student is not able to stay in school. Also remember if your child is going to miss school for more than 3 days for being sick then your student will need a doctors note to return to school. Please keep the offices updated on any phone number changes.
Let’s have a healthy rest of the school year, Nurse Jill