February 20, 2017
***Parents*****Iowa Assessments will be given on February 20th and February 22nd. Parents can help prepare students for the assessment by supporting them at home in striking a healthy, effective balance between homework, extracurricular interests and activities, nutrition and rest.
Your cooperation and support are appreciated! The staff at Collins-Maxwell values the successful partnership we have with you in the education of your child.
***Parents please make sure you have signed up for a student led conference time. If you did not receive an email from a staff member with the link to the sign up genius, please let me know.
1. SENIORS: THIS WEDNESDAY YOU WILL HAVE THE GIFT OF AN EXTENDED LUNCH FROM 11:15-12:10. MR. NELSON IS ALSO APPROVING THAT YOU MAY HAVE DRIVING PRIVILEGES IF WE HAVE PARENTAL PERMISSION FIRST. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY AND HAVE PARENTS CALL OR EMAIL GIVING PERMISSION PRIOR TO RIDE OR DRIVE WITH A FRIEND. ALL CALLS/EMAILS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 3 PM TUESDAY OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE OR RIDE WITH SOMEONE ELSE. IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR OPEN NOON PRIVILEGES FOR ANY REASON, YOU DO NOT GET THIS EXTENDED LUNCH.
2. This year’s Dinner Theater (formerly known as Lasagna Dinner) will see a few changes. Join the Collins-Maxwell Music Department for an evening of music and dining. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased in the Middle/High School Office. Dinner tickets are $10, with bleacher seats for $5. Checks can be made payable to Collins-Maxwell Music Boosters. Doors will open at 5:30, with dinner served at 6:00 and performances to follow. Menu will be:
3. Retired Georgetown University professor, Dr. Frank Seydel, will be providing tutoring services during Tuesday school from 1:30-3:30 for middle and high school students. Dr. Seydel's expertise is in math and science. We hope this will be a semi regular opportunity for our students. If your student is interested please have them report to the ICN on Tuesdays at 1:30 or email Mrs. Allen to make arrangements.
4. ATTENTION ALL HIGH SCHOOL BOYS PLANNING TO BE OUT FOR TRACK & FIELD
- We will have voluntary workouts this week, check with Coach Billerbeck for more details
- We will hold our preseason meeting Wednesday after school - Meet in the East Gym for sweat checkouts. Bring your laptop. National History Day students you will stay and present.
- Team practice will start Monday, February 27 at after school in Baxter!
5. HS Girls track preseason meeting will be Wednesday Feb.22nd, with practice starting Feb.27th.
6. PIE will be hosting their annual Elementary carnival on February 24th from 6-8. This will be in the Collins school. Students, you can earn Silver Cord hours. If this is something you would like to do, please see Mrs. Allen.
7. In the office is a sign up sheet for the All Male Dance group for Spring Show this year. Spring Show is March 25th. It’s important you get in here and sign up so they know how many guys to expect.
8. Seniors will be selling pizzas for after prom fundraiser, if you would like to buy a pizza please contact them or Mrs. Jones in the Media Center. Seniors if you haven't got an order form or have lost yours, please see Mrs. Jones she has more. Let's get every senior to sell 10 pizzas by 2/22/17!!
9. Two more Discover DMACC Days focusing on Education and Engineering are coming up...March 23rd and March 29th. See Mrs. Allen for more info!
10. ***CMB MS Softball Pitching Clinic!***
Who: Any 7th and 8th grade girls interested in pitching!
What: Pitching Clinic with Laurie Gowdy, former Simpson All American pitcher!
Where: Baxter Gym (West)
When: 12:45-2:30 Sunday, March 12, 19, and 26th.
Needs: Please contact Coach Berry to reserve a spot! We will accept pitchers through March 3rd. Hope to see you there! (email@example.com)