Important Dates coming up:
January 19- MS Wrestling at West Marshall
January 19- JV/V G/B basketball at Baxter
January 22- MS G/B basketball vs. Colfax Mingo, Girls at Collins 4:30 pm, Boys at Colfax 4:30 pm
January 23- V G/B Basketball at Paton-Churdan 6pm
January 23- MS Wrestling at Ballard
January 25- MS G/B Basketball vs. Baxter, Girls at Baxter 4:30 pm, Boys at Collins 4:30 pm
January 26- JV/V G/B Basketball vs. North Tama, at Maxwell 4 pm
January 29- Rescheduled MS basketball vs. Colo Nesco 4:30 pm, Girls in Collins, Boys Zearing
1. Good luck to the JV/V G/B basketball teams as they travel to Baxter tonight. Girls JV tips off at
5 pm in west gym, JV boys at 6 pm in east gym, varsity girls 6:30 pm in the west gym followed by the varsity boys. Basketball bus leaves at 3:55 today.
2. Good luck to the MS Wrestlers as they travel to West Marshall tonight.
3. Congratulations to the Lady Spartans on their 46-30 win over Grandview Christian last night.
Brianda Bane gets a double double with 27 points on 10-16 shooting, and grabs 13 rebounds. The Spartans hold GrandView Christian to 9 second half points.
4. Wrestling results from last night are at the bottom of the announcements.
5. The last day to drop DMACC is Monday, January 22nd.
6. The Collins-Maxwell 2018 Senior Class will be serving Valentine's Day Dinner to raise money for their after-prom party on February 10th. We hope you and a significant other can join us! We will be serving baked lasagna, with a dinner salad, garlic bread/bread sticks, and end with a dessert cart brought around to your table.
Order forms can be picked up in the Principles office or from Whitney Spencer. Please feel free to invite your friends. Reservations are needed by February 2nd. The forms can be returned with payment to Whitney Spencer, Brianda Bane, or Frank Sposeto, or they can be mailed to C. Spencer, 311 Woodlawn Street, Maxwell 50161
7. The dance team is selling Valentines Cookies again to raise money. The cookies are big sugar cookie in the shape of a heart, frosted, decorated and delivered with a message of your choice. Valentine cookies will be delivered February 13th. Please give your order form/money to a member of the dance team, your teacher or the office in Collins or Maxwell. Orders are due by February 2nd.
8. Silver Cord Opportunity:
Looking for a crew of 4 students to assist in painting the new location of the Collins Wellness Center. Saturday, January 27th from 1-3pm. Please see Mrs. Allen or Jean Bienfang for more details.
9. Mrs. Staudt has a relative simple woodworking repair project for anyone who would like to do it. It would count toward Silver Cord hours also. Please see her if you want to know more.
10. Seniors- Please remember to pay Nurse Peters for the CPR class if you are wanting to be certified. Also remember to come into the office and check the correct spelling of your name for your diploma.
11. There is a HS golf sign up in the office, please stop in by January 26th so we have time to get polo’s ordered.
12. The MS formal dance will be Friday, February 16 from 6-8pm in the small gym. More information will be coming at a later date but wanted to share this date with everyone so you can start planning ahead. Looking forward to seeing our MS students dressed up and ready to dance!
13. Let’s Do Our Best to Stay Healthy!
We are starting to see an increase in illness in the MS/HS. Please keep in mind washing your hands is the #1 way to stop the spread of germs. Please remember to wash your hands after you use the bathroom, blow your nose, and before you eat. Please also keep in mind it is best to keep your hands away from your face unless you have just washed your hands. This is the time of year there is a lot of illness to be shared, so let’s stops the spread of germs by washing our hands!
Just a reminder to keep your student home if they have the following symptoms: Fever (100.0 F or higher), vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours, and/or red, mattery eye(s). The student needs to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications (Tylenol/Ibuprofen). I will call you if I feel your student is not able to stay in school. Also remember if your child is going to miss school for more than 3 days for being sick then your student will need a doctors note to return to school. Please keep the offices updated on any phone number changes.
Let’s have a healthy rest of the school year, Nurse Jill
14. Drivers Education class in the spring with Street Smarts is available to sign up for. The dates, times, and registration can be found at streetsmartsdriversed.com.