April 25, 2017
****Midterms are now available to view on the Parent Portal. If you still need help accessing the portal, please email me and I’ll help you out. As we transition this year to online registration, it is vitally important that you are able to access the parent portal. A reminder with online registration- there will be LOTS more information coming out over the next month and there will be times available to come in to the school and use our computers if you do not have a computer or internet available to you.
1. This is a result from last weeks girls golf meet:
The girls golf team defeated Colfax-Mingo in last night's dual. The medalist of dual was Abbie Ericson with a 48 to win the meet.
2. Good luck to the JV/V boys soccer team as they take on Gilbert right here in Maxwell. Kickoff at 5:30 pm.
3. Seniors - We will be taking a senior class photo for the yearbook on Thursday, April 27. We will load up on a bus at 1:30 to go to our location for the picture. If you have any questions please talk to Mrs. Coffelt.
4. Silver Cord hours for the 2016-2017 school year are due May 1st.
5. Attention juniors and seniors: the Senior Class and their parents invite you and your guest to attend this year’s After-Prom. The festivities begin at 11:30 at the high school on April 29th and lasts until 3:00 a.m. There will be a hypnotist, inflatables, games and food. Please stop by the Principal’s office to sign up and get a waiver for you and your guest. Please have the waivers returned by Wednesday, April 26th.
6. Senior Parents ~ the 2017 After Prom Signup Genius has been sent out for After Prom, April 29th, please take some time and fill in a time that you can come and support your senior's last big function. We need your help, there are lots of time slots still open. Thank you!!
7. JUNIOR-SENIOR PROM
* IF you are bringing a date from another school, you MUST have a permission form turned into me by next Wednesday, April 26th. No exceptions!
* You may sign up for seating chart in my room.
* You need to sign up for couple/single pictures in my room.
* Be at the Grand March by no later than 5:15pm as we will be taking class photos at 5:30.
* Grand March begins at 6pm
* Dinner begins at 7pm
* Valet Parking on the bus barn side of the school.
8. JOIN US FOR OUR FREE SPORTS PHYSICAL EVENT FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL - HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES!!
We have two dates available for athletes to receive free sports physicals!
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Time: Both are 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Location: Iowa Ortho (450 Laurel Street, Des Moines)
Physicians providing the physicals are from Mercy Hospital.
Registration is now open for both dates through the event brite link
Athletes/Parents are encouraged to register via Event Brite. Pre-registrants will receive a "Swag Bag" upon arrival of the evening.
Parent/Guardian is recommended to attend to give consent. However, If Parent/Guardian is unable to attend. Please let me know as consent forms can be sent prior to event to those people.
1:30 Dismissals on Tuesday (August 23) and Wednesday (August 24).
Zootopia Under the Stars on Friday, September 9!