October 19- Regional Cross Country meet at Eagle Grove
October 20- Varsity Football vs. Newell Fonda Maxwell 7 pm (Senior Night)
October 20- No school
October 25- End of 1st Quarter
October 26- Picture retake day
*A couple of reminders: End of the quarter is October 25th. Please be checking your portal for current grades. We are going to be sending out emails to parents of students that are receiving either D’s or F’s to give you a chance to address it before the quarter ends.
* Parent teacher conferences are November 16th and 20th and consist of the teachers at tables in the large gym. You are able to talk to your students teachers between 4 pm and 8 pm both days. If those times will not work for you, email your student’s teacher and set up another day/time that will work. This is later than our conferences have been previously. There is no sign up needed.
1. Good Luck to the HS Cross Country Teams as they compete at the State Qualifying meet at Eagle Grove this afternoon. The athletes are dismissed at 1:00 for a 1:10 leave time. The Girls race at 4:00, and the Boys race at 4:30! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for results..... Facebook: CMSpartansCC / Twitter: @cmaxspartans
2. This Friday's HS football game is our PINK OUT game to support breast cancer and Senior Night! Come cheer on the Spartan’s at their last game of the season. Kickoff is at 7 pm here in Maxwell against Newell Fonda.
3. Dress Up Days for Red Ribbon Week next week!!
Monday: Wear sunglasses!
My future’s too bright to do drugs!
Tuesday: Camo and hat day!
Put a cap on drugs!
Wednesday: Crazy hair and socks!
From head to toe, I’m drug free!
Thursday: Pajama day!
Follow your dreams, don’t do drugs!
Friday: Halloween Costumes!
Drugs are too scary!
4. The Middle School is fundraising for field trips and other educational activities. They have lots to offer in their fundraising from magazines, chocolates, soups, and breads! Students, have your parent's post the following web address to their Facebook or other social media accounts and ask their "friends" to help out our school! It's as simple as posting a link to the online store at: www.gaschoolstore.com. Our school's # is 2602514. The website will give you instructions to open your own individual account. For each order you receive, you earn prizes! A coop, a guess at the candy jar, and a chance to win other prizes, approved by Mr. Nelson! More about that coming next week! Let's Go Spartan Community! Please help!
5. DMACC Spring Registration is now open. Please see Mrs. Allen for necessary paperwork. Registration closes November 21st. Remember if you are planning on taking a math course an ALEK score is required.
6. Catch the Spartan fever by purchasing some Spartan jewelry
and other team spirit items from the Class of 2023! We have earrings, necklaces, bracelets, wall pennants and pencils. See a 7th grader or Mrs. Staudt if you are interested in purchasing any of the items.
7. The Iowa Lakes Community College rep will be here today during HS lunch.
8. If you are interested in attending the FCCLA District Meeting on Monday, November 13 please return your permission slip and money to Ms. Mennen ASAP! Spots are filling up quickly.
9. Annie, the Musical --- November 3rd and 4th
Tickets will go on sale this week in the superintendent’s office. Choir, Seniors and those who have lead roles in the Musical may buy tickets on Monday October 16th. Tuesday October 17, tickets are open to all choir members and on October 18 tickets are open to the public. $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Balcony seats are $3.
Night of the Musical. Doors open at 6:30 pm with the musical starting at 7:00pm. There will be root beer floats available during the intermission. Presale orders for root beer floats start at 6:30pm, or you may buy a float during intermission, located in front of the Superintendents office.
Flower sell- Order flowers for those in the musical. Pre orders are due on October 31, with limited supply available on the evenings of the Musical.
Watch for the Sign up genus coming out next week. We will be looking for donations for the root beer floats.
10. Picture retake day October 26th.