Important Dates coming up:
March 16- End of 3rd Quarter
March 20 & 22- Parent Teacher Conferences
March 22- NHS Blood Drive 12-6 pm in small gym
March 23- No school
March 24- CM Spring Show
March 30- April 2- Easter Break
April 7- 2nd Annual Tailgate Dinner and Auction at MACC 6 pm
****Prayer service for Lindsey Lamb-Pitcherello, her family, and her medical team Friday at 5:00 at the Methodist Church. Her favorite color is blue so wear it for Lindsey Friday evening at the prayer service.
1. The Collins-Maxwell National Honor Society is sponsoring a volunteer activity with Meals from the Heartland in Des Moines on Tuesday, March 20. If you are interested in attending this service activity, please stop in the office to sign up and pick up a permission form. Permission forms are due Monday, March 19.
2. FFA meeting this Monday, March 19th at 6:30pm in the Ag Room.
The junior class will be voting for Prom Court this year! They will be choosing 5 females and 5 males for the court. ONLY the juniors will be voting. ONLY Seniors can be on court. This is a new tradition we hope to have last for years!
We will announce the King and Queen the night of Prom at the Grand March!
Anyone that is on the Prom Court will receive a sash to wear the night of Prom. We will be putting up your pictures on the TV Screen in the main lobby. Once voted into the court, if you have a picture you like that you want me to display, please get that to me asap!
The court will be announced next week on Wednesday the 21st!!
**If you plan not to attend prom, please let me know as we would like the King and Queen to be at prom**
4. Baseball in Collins this Sunday at the elementary gym at 5:30
5. The NHS is hosting a Blood Drive on Thursday, March 22 from noon to 6 in the small gym. If you will be visiting with teachers on Thursday afternoon for conferences, please consider stopping by the small gym and making a donation. The Blood Drive ends at 6:00 PM so please come early to donate. Walk-ins are always welcome, but if you could email firstname.lastname@example.org with an approximate time you would like to donate, that would give us an idea of how many staff we need for the drive that day. Thank you for considering a blood donation on Thursday, March 22!
6. COLLINS MAXWELL HIGH SCHOOL - REMINDER
Jostens will be in your school this week for the following event.
Graduation Announcement Design with Jr. Class Officers
Date: Thurs, March 22
Time: 8:30 AM
Graduation Announcement / Cap and Gown Delivery
Date: Thurs, March 22
Time: 9:00 - 9:30 am
All payments on delivery day are CASH ONLY
7. Spartan Pop Sockets!!
· Student council will be selling Spartan pop sockets to raise money for water bottle filling stations!
· Each pop socket will cost $10.00
· The pop socket will have a black base, a white top, and blue writing.
· If interested in purchasing, please contact a student council member or see Mr. Smith or Mrs. Sutherland
8. Seniors please check for an email from Nurse Peters and American Heart about your CPR ecard.
9. WE NEED SOCCER REFS AND YOU GET PAID!!! Click here: Reasons to Become a Referee
There are soccer clinics offered every weekend in March. Students pay the $55 for the clinic, and after reffing for our club you will be refunded. Please email me if you have any questions. This is not for silver cord hours, our soccer club pays between $15-35 per game.
10. There is a sign-up for football cheer for any 8th grade through 11th grade students who want to do cheerleading for football next year in high school.
11. *** Collins-Maxwell Athletic Booster Events ***
When: Monday on March 19th, 2018
Where : Maxwell Commons
2nd Annual Tailgate Dinner and Auction
April 7th, 2018
Maxwell Area Community Center
6:00 - Social Hour
6:00-7:00 - Silent Auction
7:00 - Dinner catered by Three Stooges
7:30 - Live Auction
8:00 - Hawk McIntyre Music
Wear your Spartan Colors!
You can view more details and tickets can be purchased online at
Buffalo Wild Wings in Ames Fundraiser (Starting 3/1/2018-5/31/2018)
You can view details of the fundraiser at the link below. Take a picture of the card to use at the restaurant with your phone!
12. Let’s Do Our Best to Stay Healthy!
We are starting to see an increase in illness in the MS/HS. Please keep in mind washing your hands is the #1 way to stop the spread of germs. Please remember to wash your hands after you use the bathroom, blow your nose, and before you eat. Please also keep in mind it is best to keep your hands away from your face unless you have just washed your hands. This is the time of year there is a lot of illness to be shared, so let’s stops the spread of germs by washing our hands!
Just a reminder to keep your student home if they have the following symptoms: Fever (100.0 F or higher), vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours, and/or red, mattery eye(s). The student needs to be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications (Tylenol/Ibuprofen). I will call you if I feel your student is not able to stay in school. Also remember if your child is going to miss school for more than 3 days for being sick then your student will need a doctors note to return to school. Please keep the offices updated on any phone number changes.
Let’s have a healthy rest of the school year, Nurse Jill